We’re enrolling for our September 2020 Intake and HND in Business is on the list! So we thought there’s no better time to give you all some more information about HND’s in general, what they are, the advantages, career prospects and much more! After reading this blog post, you might just find that a HND Qualification might just be for you …
What is a HND?
A HND stands for Higher National Diploma and is an RQF Level 4 and 5 Qualification. It is also equivalent to the second year of a three-year degree. Higher National Diploma’s are work-related, or vocational, higher education qualifications. HND is a higher education qualification of United Kingdom, which can be used to enrol into universities at an advanced level.
A HND qualification will allow you to further progress your studies as you can go onto study a Top-up degree too! A Top-up degree allows you to achieve a full Bachelor’s degree with one additional year of study. Regent College London offers HNDs in Business and are sure to help further your interest in the ever-changing world of Business.
Who can study for a HND?
Those who choose to study a HND will receive an internationally recognised qualification. It’s with this qualification that students can enter a range of roles within the Business industry. Many individuals can choose to take a Higher National Diploma, they can include:
- School leavers
- Mature students returning to education (with related work experience)
- Individuals in employment who wish to improve their career prospects and
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
How long does it take to study a HND?
A HND is a 2 year duration and can be completed at Regent College London. Here, we offer a flexible timetable that includes Weekday, Weekend and Evening Classes which helps students fit studies around their busy life commitments. Studying has never been easier with Regent College London as our September intake involves learning digitally, which means students can study from the comfort of their own homes!
What are the Advantages of taking a HND?
Entering higher education can be a daunting aspect, it’s always best to weigh up any advantages and to help you make your decision. We’ve made it that little bit easier for you when it comes to choosing a HND, here are just a few pros:
- An HND is a vocational qualification that would give you a clearer understanding of your particular subject. It would enhance your skills, knowledge and understanding of your chosen subject. This would further help you have a clear and direct path into your desired employment positions.
- It will help you gain experience, and therefore, you can have a chance to develop your professional skills. You would have an idea of how the professional world works and how to overcome problems in the practical field.
- You can study further at a degree course. It will help you convert your credits into a full degree course in a relevant subject. It allows entry into the 2nd or 3rd year of a university degree programme, depending upon the HND subject studied or applied for.
- A HND is a great qualification for those who aren’t suitable for a traditional 3 Year Bachelor’s Degree Programme. This allows a different route to gain a Level 6 Qualification.
Career Pathways for Higher National Diploma (HND) Graduates?
A HND can lead students into a range of careers. Many often take a HND to further advance their current careers or help kickstart a new career. Here are just a handful of careers that you can explore after successfully completing a HND:
- Human Resources Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Business Consultant
- Project manager
- Finance manager
- Finance assistant or executive
- Business Development Manager
What subjects can I enrol into?
For our September 2020 intake, you can enrol into HND in Business (General) or HND in Business (Business Management). This HND is awarded by Pearson.
How will I be assessed?
Assignments, Coursework and Controlled assessments are the methods used to assess students for the HND in Business Course.
What are the Entry Requirements for HND?
The entry requirements for HND Business are as follows:
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College London uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
You may be eligible to join a HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
Further information on Entry Requirements can be found here.
What are the Fees HND’s?
For Regent College London, our HND in Business Fee can be found here.
How do I apply?
Each of our courses have different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information. From choosing your desired course, writing your personal statement and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.