Top-up Degrees, HND’s, Bachelor’s, the list of degree types goes on … But which is for you? That’s the part many people find hard figuring out, and rightly so, because there’s so many degree types and courses out there. We’ve written blog posts about Bachelor Degrees, Masters Degrees, Foundation Degrees and today we’re hear to help you figure out whether or not a Top-up Degree is for you.
What is a Top-up Degree?
Its best to start off with what a Top-up actually is. A Top-Up Degree is the best addition to a Higher National Diploma (HND), Foundation Degree or an equivalent Level 5 qualification. In just one year, a Top-Up Degree will enable you to achieve a full BSc or BA Degree! Upon successful completion of a Top-up Degree, you will have gained a Level 6 Qualification. Full course info can be found here.
Why should I study a Top-up Degree?
A Top-up degree is a great degree to have under your list of qualifications as it may be the reason for your career advancement. With a Top-up Degree, you are able to gain a great wealth of skills and knowledge in a subject area of your interest. This will not only help you succeed in the workplace, but you may also be able to apply what you have learnt to everyday life. We’ve listed just a few advantages to help make your decision easier on whether a Top-up Degree is for you:
- A Top-up Degree will help give you a deeper understanding of your particular subject. It will enhance your skills, knowledge and understanding of your chosen subject. This would further help you have a clear and direct path into your desired employment positions.
- It will help you gain experience, and therefore, you can have a chance to develop your professional skills. You will have an idea of how the professional world works and how to overcome problems in the practical field.
- As a Top-up Degree gives you a full Level 6 Qualification, you are then eligible to go on and study for a Master’s Degree and enter further education. With both a Level 6 and 7 Qualification under your belt, you will surely impress employers!
How long is a Top-up Degree?
A Top-up Degree is a 1 Year Duration and can be completed at Regent College London. Here, we offer a flexible timetable that includes Weekday, Weekend and Evening Classes which helps students fit studies around their busy life commitments. Studying has never been easier with Regent College London as our September intake involves learning digitally, which means students can study from the comfort of their own homes!
What Top-up Degree Subjects do you offer?
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Finance) Top-Up
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Marketing) (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (People Management) (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Retail) (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship (Top-up)
What can I do with a Top-up Degree from Regent College London?
There are many career paths to pursue once successfully completing a Top-up Degree, some of which include:
- Account Executive
- Social Media Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Business Accountant
- Finance Manager
How will I be Assessed?
The Assessments for each Course Subject will differ, please visit the above pages to find out what assessments take place for which subject.
What are the Entry Requirements?
The entry requirements also differ for each Subject, however, the general entry requirements are:
- You’ll have successfully completed a Foundation Degree in Business Management, or another relevant qualification with 120 credits at HE4 and 120 credits at HE5, such as a
Higher National Diploma (HND) or Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE).
- If English isn’t your first language, you’ll also need IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band (or equivalent).Level 5 with a good level of business topics is required:
- A pass in an HND
- A foundation degree
- A recognised UK degree or overseas equivalent
- Evidence of English proficiency (Upper B2). If you have studied an English HND for two years, your completion of the HND meets this requirement.
- You will also need to attend an academic interview at which you will need to show a good conceptual understanding of business and study expectations at Level 6.
- If you have non-traditional entry qualifications or relevant work experience, we will be happy to consider your application. You’ll be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process.
What are the Fees for a Top-up Degree?
Our Top-up Degree fees range from £8,000 to £9,250 per year. Find out more about our fee cost for the various Top-up Degrees on our fees and funding page.
How do I apply?
Each of our courses have different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information. From choosing your desired course, writing your personal statement and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.