Taking a leap into higher education can be a difficult choice for many, there’s so many questions to ask, various universities to look into and of course, different types of degrees to study. From, Bachelor’s Degrees, to Top-ups to Foundation Year with Degrees, we’re here today to let you know everything you need to know about taking a Foundation Year with Degree at Regent College London. A Foundation Year with degree provides you with an insight into the world of Higher Education.
What is a Foundation Year with Degree?
A Foundation Year with Degree provides an extra year of study right at the beginning of the degree. It’s a great course for those who are still undecided on which course to study, mature students or those who haven’t quite met the entry requirements. At Regent College London, we offer a range of degree courses with a Foundation Year that help offer you an alternative route to a traditional Bachelor’s Degree. However, there is some confusion over the difference between a Foundation Year with Degree and a Foundation Degree.
What’s the difference between a Foundation Year with Degree and a Foundation Degree?
So, what is the difference? Well, a Foundation Year with Degree, is an extra year of learning and gaining new skills and knowledge before moving onto a BSc or BA. If you pass the foundation year, it’s almost, very likely you will move onto the 1st or 2nd Year of a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree. However, Foundation Degree is a two year stand-alone qualification in its own right. After completing this you can go to the final year of degree as well or complete Top-up and get a degree. This qualification is equivalent to two-thirds of a Bachelor’s degree, and a Higher National Diploma (HND) so Level 4 and 5. A Top-up Degree will then provide you with a Level 6 Qualification.
Should I take a Foundation Year with Degree?
A Foundation Year study is a great way to build your skills, knowledge and confidence to prepare you for a degree course. Students get the chance to experience university-style teaching, get a feel of the campus, city and subjects they are interested in. Doing a foundation year, gives you a firm understanding on your subject areas as well as practical experience that will make it easier to progress to undergraduate degree courses.
A Foundation Year with degree is for you if:
- You do not have the right qualifications for a full degree course
- You feel you are not yet ready for degree-level study
- You are returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before embarking on a degree course.
What are the Benefits of taking a Foundation Year with degree?
Taking a Foundation Year with Degree can provide many benefits such as:
- A Foundation Year will improve your English and study skills: As you are able to undertake an extra year of study, this will provide you with excellent proficiency in English as well as teach you Study Skills that can be used throughout your degree.
- A Foundation Year will familiarise you with a potentially different style of teaching and learning: this allows students to become accustomed to particular types of teaching and the learning environment.
- A Foundation Year will prepare you for your area of study: Not only does a Foundation Year get you ready; it does so within your area of study. It allows you to adjust before you begin your full Degree programme.
- A guaranteed place of study: Once you have successfully completed the Foundation Year of your Degree, you are guaranteed to progress to the next level your chosen course at Regent College London.
Foundation Year with Degrees at Regent College London
Here at Regent College London, we offer a range of Foundation Year with Degrees, they can be found below:
- BA (Hons) Accountancy with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Computing with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care with Foundation Year (UOB)
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year
- BEng (Hons) Software Engineering with Foundation Year
The Foundation Year with Degree Programmes are validated by Buckinghamshire New University and the University of Bolton.
What are the Entry Requirements for a Foundation Year with Degree at Regent College London?
Entry Requirements for each Programme can differ, they are dependent on the required UCAS Points attained, as well as the qualifications you currently hold. However, all of our Foundation Year with Degree programmes require you to attend an academic interview as a part of our admissions process. Although we do have a set of Entry Requirements for each course, we may consider lowering them, if you perform well at the interview.
What about the Course Fees?
The fees for the Course’s also differ, they can be found on the pages of our Foundation Year with Degrees or on our Fees and Funding page.
Am I able to apply for Student Finance with this Degree?
Yes, you are able to apply for Student Finance. We have a specialist Student Finance team, who are highly qualified in helping you through the Student Finance process.
Why should I study at Regent College London?
We may be a little biased here, but Regent College London is the place to study. From thorough student loan guidance to flexible classes, we’ve created a little list of reasons to study with us:
- Flexible Study Classes: Regent College London have classes based in the Mornings, Evenings and Weekends which ensure you are able to study around any life commitments!
- High Experienced Tutors: Our tutors have a strong level of experience within the Higher Education Sector. Furthermore, we offer small class sizes ensure 1-2-1 advice and help when needed.
- Campus Locations with Strong Transport Links: Regent College London have campuses based in Wembley, Kingsbury, Harrow, Southall and Central London; all with a tube station or bus stop located 5 Minutes or less from them.
- Modern Campuses: We have excellent campuses equipped with modern facilities and resources for our students. Our campuses are based in vibrant communities with great culture and exciting lunch spots!
- Student Support: Our student support teams are always on hand to help and advice on a range of topics such as, student loans, UCAS Applications, Careers Advice and general questions.
- Thinking into Character (TiC): A Personal and Professional Development programme developed by Regent College London Co-Principal Dr Selva Pankaj. A free and accessible programme to all students designed to help you think bigger, aim higher and achieve your dreams.
- 20 Years of Education Success with Strong Links to Employers: Regent Group has an incredible 20 years of success within the education sector and continues to thrive and provide for its students to the highest of standards.
- Strong Academic Partnerships: Regent College London has secured strong Academic Partnerships with three highly regarded universities; Buckinghamshire New University, University of Northampton and The University of Bolton.
When and how can I apply?
Our enrolment process is easy and hassle free! Apply today to join our Regent College London campuses in, Central London, Harrow, Southall or Kingsbury. Simply enquire about a course using our enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch soon. Don’t wait any further, take the next step in your career today!