Choosing to study into Higher Education is always a tough decision, but what makes it harder, is choosing the type of Higher Education and the course that suits your career the best. There are many different factors that students look for when picking a course, it depends on where they see their career going, the type of Degree, and of course other factors such as campus location, etc. We thought we would make your decision that little bit easier by breaking down the types of Degrees Regent College London offers, as well as the courses that fall into them!
Higher National Diplomas (HNDs)
First up we have HNDs, formally known as Higher National Diplomas. These prove an excellent first step towards shaping up a successful career for yourself. HND’s are taught at Level’s 4 and 5 and are a great way to explore and build knowledge of your chosen field whilst gaining invaluable vocational skills.
Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) are work-related, or vocational, higher education qualifications. A HND is a higher education qualification, which can be used to enrol into universities at an advanced level. A Higher National Diploma is equivalent to the second year of a three-year Bachelor’s degree and is an RQF Level 4 and 5 Course.
A HND qualification will allow you to further progress your studies as you can go onto study a Top-up degree too!
This qualification is aimed at students who would like to gain a sound understanding of business in general. The HND in Business course is suitable for a wide range of students including:
- School leavers
- Mature students returning to education (with related work experience)
- Individuals in employment who wish to improve their career prospects and
- Individuals who wish to start their own business
So that now you know a little bit about HNDs, you may be wondering if it’s the type of qualification for you? Well, look no further, we have listed a few advantages of taking a HND below:
- Perfect stepping stone to getting a Bachelor’s Degree
- Globally Recognised Qualification
- Helps stand out to employers
- Great for those who are unsure if a Degree is for them
And, you’re probably wondering what you can do with a HND? That depends on the type of Course you choose to study, but with Regent College London, our Courses are designed to help students excel in or enter a few careers such as:
- Business Consultant
- Finance Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Project Manager
- Team Supervisor
We offer 7 Business Related HND Courses, which are:
- HND in Business (General)
- HND in Business (Business Management)
- HND in Business (Accounting and Finance)
- HND in Business (Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management)
- HND in Business (Human Resource Management)
- HND in Business (Marketing)
- HND in Business (Operations Management)
Foundation Year Routes
Onto Foundation Year with Degree, these types of Degrees are of a 4 Year Duration! A Foundation Year study is equivalent to the first and second year of an honours degree. Since it is a Level 3 – 6 vocational qualification, it allows students to gain knowledge in a subject to enable them to go on to employment or further study.
This Level 3-6 Qualification has different entry requirements to a HND but it may be the degree for you if:
- You do not have the right qualifications for a full degree course
- You feel you are not yet ready for degree-level study
- You are returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before embarking on a degree course
Are you wondering if a Foundation Year with Degree is for you? Well, a foundation year study is a great way to build your skills, knowledge and confidence to prepare you for a degree course. Students get the chance to experience university-style teaching, get a feel of the campus, city and subjects they are interested in. Doing a foundation year, gives you a firm understanding on your subject areas as well as practical experience that will make it easier to progress to undergraduate degree courses.
With undertaking a Foundation Year with Degree Course, you may be able to find yourself in a range of different career fields, depending on the course you wish to study. A few Career examples are:
- Healthcare Worker
- IT Specialist
- Business Manager
The Foundation Year with Degree Course types that Regent College London Offer are:
- BSc (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Finance) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (People Management) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Retail) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Marketing) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain) with Foundation Year
- BEng (Hons) Software Engineering with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Computing with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Accountancy with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care with Foundation Year (UOB)
A Foundation Degree is a two-year stand-alone qualification in its own right. After completing this you can go to the final year of degree as well or complete a Top-up and gain a degree. This qualification is equivalent to two-thirds of a Bachelor’s degree, and a Higher National Diploma (HND): Level 4 and 5.
We know it can get a little confusing with there being Foundation Year with Degrees and Foundation Degrees, but they are two completely different qualifications. A Foundation Year with Degree, is an extra year of learning and gaining new skills and knowledge before moving onto a BSc or BA. If you pass the foundation year, it’s almost, very likely you will move onto the 1st or 2nd Year of a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree. Whereas a Foundation Degree is different as explained above.
So, we’ve spoken about why you may want to take a Foundation Year with Degree, but what if a Foundation Degree is for you? Our Foundation Degrees are designed to help explore different aspects of your subject area and include both theoretical and practical learning methods. Many students work whilst completing their Foundation Degree, which is why we offer flexible timetables.
A Foundation Degree can allow you to enter many different career fields such as:
- Advertising and marketing
- Human resources
- Management consultancy
The Foundation Course we offer is the FdSc Business Management.
These are the types of Degrees that you may be most familiar with. They’re usually the degrees taken once a student has left school or college. However, anyone can apply for a Bachelor’s Degree. It depends on the entry requirements of the course you wish to complete. Are you wondering whether or not you should take a Bachelor’s Degree with Regent College London, here are just a few reasons as to why you should take it at Regent College London:
- We offer great flexibility; weekday, weekend and evening classes
- Highly experienced tutors with small class sizes
- Strong employer links which provide excellent career progression opportunities
- Our campuses are equipped with modern resources
There are many, many different careers that you can enter after taking a Bachelors Degree, which is completely dependent on your degree course. At Regent College London, we offer a great range of degrees that are placed in three different schools: Business and Enterprise, Allied Health and Computing & AI.
We offer 14 Bachelor Course types, which include:
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Finance)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (People Management)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Marketing)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Retail)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain)
- BA (Hons) Accountancy
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care (UOB)
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science
- BEng (Hons) Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Computing
A Top-Up Degree is the best addition to a Higher National Diploma (HND), Foundation Degree or an equivalent Level 5 qualification. In just one year, a Top-Up Degree will enable you to achieve a full BSc or BA Degree!
A Top-up Degree is great for those who are looking to obtain a Level 6 qualification and gain a full Bachelor’s Degree can enrol into the Top-Up Degree Courses at Regent College London. With this qualification, students are able to explore career progression within many fields of Business, including Business Management and Business Entrepreneurship.
There are many great benefits of studying a Top-up Degree, which include:
- Flexibility in study methods
- Development of knowledge, skills and understanding within a particular Business are
- They are internationally recognised qualifications
At Regent College London, we offer 6 Business related Top-up Degrees which include:
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Marketing) Top-up
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (People Management) Top-up
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (Retail) Top-up
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship (Top-up)
And finally, we have offer Further Education in regards to Master’s Degrees! These are perfect for those looking to gain a deeper level of understanding in their chosen subject area. A Master’s Degree, which falls into Postgraduate study is a one-year qualification which is completed after a Level 6 Qualification has been gained. Upon successful completion of a MSc Degree or MBA, you will be able to go on and study for a PhD.
By studying for a Master’s Degree, you will gain a Level 7 Qualification and gain expert knowledge in your subject area, it will also allow you to accelerate your career and make personal developments.
Are you wondering if a Master’s Degree is for you? Well, studying for a Master’s Degree can provide you with many different benefits and will allow you to explore different interests within your chosen subject area. Our Master’s Degrees are designed to help you gain a deeper and stronger level of understanding of you are your subject area. The MSc Degrees and the MBA involve a mixture of theoretical and practical learning methods. Many students work whilst completing their Master’s Degree, which is why we offer flexible timetables.
If you’re wondering whether a Master’s Degree is beneficial, here’s a few advantages of taking a Master’s Degree:
- Specialised Knowledge
- Advance in your career
- Helps you stand out to employers
At Regent College London, we offer 3 unique Master’s Degrees:
- MSc International Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MSc Accountancy and Financial Management