Every individual faces different questions when it comes to entering higher education. It can be on the type of degree, the choice of the course or even if a degree is worth it! The point is, every degree choice poses many questions, but we have found that Marketing, in specific, can often be a confusing degree to take. Many aren’t sure if it’s worth spending 3-4 years on, and others just aren’t sure whether it’s the degree for them. But, this is where this article comes in handy, we’ve broken down the ins and outs of taking a Marketing Degree, from BSc/BA Degrees to Foundation Year Marketing Degrees and of course, the Careers and Benefits that come with studying Marketing.
What is a Marketing Degree?
It’s probably best to start from the very beginning and outlining what a Marketing Degree actually is. Starting with Marketing itself, it can be seen as an umbrella term, due to the fact that it covers a huge range of topics and can take different forms in different industry. Essentially, Marketing is the process of communicating a product/service and its value, in order to sell and promote the product/service to customers. The process involves many stages which can be seen in the Marketing Mix. The mix includes 7 processes which help can help form a successful marketing strategy; the 7 elements are: product; price; place; promotion; people; process and physical. Although Marketing can be seen as a Business related degree, it’s also one that encourages creativity. A Marketing Degree teaches you the fundamentals of Marketing, along with a whole host of other skills.
Is Marketing the Degree for me?
Well, that is totally dependent on your interests and career goals. Marketing is an ever-changing and expanding industry that sees daily developments. If you’re looking to be creative within a business
role, this could just be the degree for you. Marketing allows you to be creative and think outside the box, whilst ensuring you remain on brand and create a successful strategy.
Our Marketing Degrees are designed to help build on your current knowledge within the field, and help you develop a stronger understanding of the industry. If you’re taking the degree as a complete beginner, Regent College are here to support you right from the beginning to the end, we will guide and shape your learning into the best it can be.
Benefits of taking a Marketing Degree:
It’s always handy looking at the advantages of taking any degree you wish to study, which is why we have listed 6 key benefits of taking a Marketing Degree:
- Strong Knowledge: Ultimately, a Marketing Degree will give you a deeper and stronger knowledge into the world of Marketing.
- Greater Flexibility: By successfully graduating with a Marketing Degree, you will give your career greater flexibility, due to the fact that your qualification will allow you to explore and experience different sectors of Marketing. You have the flexibility to choose where you base your career.
- Lucrative Industry: The Marketing Industry and those surrounding it are extremely lucrative, they are always looking to hire students who successfully hold a degree.
- Attractive to Employers: Undertaking a Marketing Degree will help you stand out from the crowd when applying to jobs. The industry also has a huge demand for successful applicants.
- Many different Industries: When taking a Marketing Degree, you are then exposed to the many different industries that require different streams of marketers, you may find that you prefer working in Fashion Marketing as opposed to being based in the Marketing department of a Fortune 100 Company. The choice is entirely yours!
- Possible Higher Starter Salary: It has been said that graduates often start their careers with higher salaries, as opposed to those who don’t take a degree. By taking a Marketing Degree, you are giving yourself a better chance to start your career off on a high note!
What kind of jobs can I get with a Marketing Degree?
So we’ve listed a few key benefits of taking a Marketing Degree, but, now you may be wondering, what can jobs can I get in Marketing. It’s a very broad industry but, we’ve put together a little list of a few jobs that Marketing offers:
- Account Executive
- Public Relations Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Content Management
- Advertising account executive
- Digital marketer
- Market researcher
- Marketing executive
- PPC specialist
- Sales promotion account executive
- Social media manager
- Advertising Specialist
What courses do Regent College London Offer?
We offer Marketing in three types; a degree with or without a Foundation Year or a HND Course:
We also offer a Marketing Pathway in the following Degrees:
The HND in Business (Marketing) is awarded by Pearson, whilst both BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year and BA (Hons) Marketing are awarded by Buckinghamshire New University.
What are the Entry Requirements for the Marketing Degrees?
Entry Requirements for each Course can differ, they are dependent on the required UCAS Points attained, as well as the qualifications you currently hold. However, all Degree programmes require you to attend an academic interview as a part of our admissions process. Although we do have a set of Entry Requirements for each course, we may consider lowering them, if you perform well at the interview.
What about the Course Fees?
The fees for the Course’s also differ, they can be found on the pages of our Fees and Funding page.
Am I able to apply for Student Finance with this Degree?
Yes, you are able to apply for Student Finance. We have a specialist Student Finance team, who are highly qualified in helping you through the Student Finance process.
When and how can I apply?
Our enrolment process is easy and hassle free! Apply today to join our Regent College London campuses in, Wembley, Southall, Harrow and Kingsbury. Simply enquire about a course using our enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch soon. Don’t wait any further, take the next step in your career today!