Most, if not all higher and further education is taking place digitally; just one of many changes the world has had to make during the pandemic, but we haven’t been able to think about what we will be able to do once the pandemic finally comes to an end. How about benefitting from the studies that you’ve been qualifying from during the pandemic? Well, now might just be the perfect time to study for a Foundation Degree. It only takes 2 years (full time) to complete and can provide you with a great base to study further and achieve a full Bachelors Degree. In today’s blog post, we’ll be running you through the benefits of taking a Foundation Degree and how it can benefit your professional career post pandemic.
What is a Foundation Degree?
Let’s start off with explaining the basics, what is a Foundation Degree? A Foundation Degree is a two-year stand-alone qualification in its own right. Depending on the course subject you choose to study, you can expect to cover a range of modules. You may also be asking what level is a Foundation Degree Equivalent too? This type of qualification is equivalent to two-thirds of a Bachelor’s degree, and a Higher National Diploma (HND): Level 4 and 5. If you choose to study further to gain a full bachelors degree, a Top-up Degree will then provide you with a Level 6 Qualification, which equals to a full Bachelors Degree.
How long is a Foundation Degree?
That is dependent on how you choose to study your Foundation Degree. At Regent College London, we offer flexible timetables which means you can study around your busy life commitments. You can finish your Foundation Degree within 2 Years.
What are the benefits of taking a Foundation Degree?
A Foundation Degree can have many benefits on your career post pandemic, you will not only be able to excel in your professional career, but will also learn skills that you can use in your personal life.
- Specialise in your chosen field: When you take a specialist Foundation Degree, you are able to gain and maximise on your subject area within your career. For example, if you look to take a Business Management Foundation Degree, you will then gain a great amount of knowledge within Business Management and can build on that whilst you advance in your professional life.
- Gain Academic Skills: Not only are you able to gain professional skills but strengthen your academic skills too. The modules you cover will help you learn about project handling, time management, develop research skills and much more. These particular skills can also help you in your day-to-day life.
- Experienced Academic Team: When you take your Foundation Degree at Regent College London, you will be taught by some of the best tutors in the education sector. As our class sizes are small, they are able to offer 1-2-1 help and advice when needed.
- Study Further: One of the best things about taking a Foundation Degree is that you are able to study one step further and complete a full Bachelors Degree. When you qualify with your Foundation Degree, you can study for a Top-up Degree and gain a full Level 6 qualification, which will also prove advantageous in your career.
- English Support: At Regent College London, you don’t need to worry if you don’t have the English Requirements to study your chosen course. We offer free pre-sessional English Support. These are English classes that are provided digitally to help you focus on any areas of weakness you may have.
After reading about the range of benefits a Foundation Degree has to offer and you’re wondering what Foundation Degrees we offer, you’re in luck! We offer a FdSc Business Management Degree.
The Course delivery is 2 years full time and 4 years part time.
The principal aims of the programme are to:
- Provide a stimulating curriculum
- Enhance employability
- Provide an opportunity to complete a work based project
- Embedding the GAME graduate attributes and Thinking into Character
- Better preparation for Top-up
A few distinct features of the programme are:
- Embedded within the programme is Thinking into Character, a transformational programme that will support personal development and help in setting personal, educational and career goals by identifying achievements that can be built upon
- The programme is informed by employers and recognises current developments in business and management
- Career and life skills such as leadership, team management and professional communication have been integrated into the programme to develop and enhance employability
If you would like to know more about Foundation Degrees, why not have a little read of our other blog post here.