Student Support, Mental Health and Wellbeing Manager
Tanya Tanna is the Student Support and Wellbeing Manager. She joined Regent College London in February 2019. Tanya is a believer in promoting a positive work environment and is passionate about raising mental health awareness among students and staff. She has more than 20 years’ experience of working in the Higher Education sector including a number of private colleges and universities, such as City University of London and University of Westminster. Tanya has a proven track record of successful project management including the initiation and implementation of Individual Support Action Plans for students with special personal circumstances and the mental health support project Mind Connect.
- Make sure that the Student Support services provision is consistent across the campuses;
- Promote support services, innovative approaches and strategies to encourage self-care and positive mental health and wellbeing, organize training for students and staff, including training focusing on mental health awareness;
- To ensure an effective ‘at risk’ referral system is in place so that the appropriate person helps students with actual or potential welfare issues, which are causing barriers to learning, in a timely manner;
- To provide support, advice and guidance to students on a range of different issues including, welfare and personal matters, extenuating circumstances, suspensions, withdrawals etc;
- To organise Student Representatives elections, arrange Student Representatives trainings and Student Representative Committee meetings, organize students’ feedback through various surveys (induction, module evaluation etc).