Sean is experienced in the higher education sector with exposure to both academic and management duties. He has worked at various positions including Lecturer, Courses Coordinator, Head of Teaching and Learning, Programme Leader and Internal Verifier.
He is experienced in the delivery of HNC/HND Business and Computing course, Level 7 Extended Diploma, BA Management and MA Management courses. He was a link tutor to the awarding body for BA and MA courses (Plymouth Marjon University).
He has experience in quality procedures in HE education with regards to external oversight such as from QAA Quality Code, Pearson AMR and External Examiners’ reviews. He also experience in business management in an SME environment.
He is an experienced IT professional, primarily in management and support of Microsoft server/networking environment. He is a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and Professional Member of the British Computer Society (BCS).
- Development and IV of assignment briefs. Marking and IV of assignments. Lead IV decision where academic disagreements on assignment assessment.
- Develop standardisation documents for teaching and assessment (formative and summative) of HND Business units.
- Deal with student academic enquiries supporting the Academic Team.
- Provide training and support for academics for digital delivery for HND Business, carrying out class observations and monitoring online and working on developing best practices.
- Attend Academic Management meeting online, also attend the Programme Leaders / Cohort Leaders meeting online and any other scheduled/unscheduled meetings as required throughout the week.
- Delivery of teaching for a range of HND Business Units face-to-face and on-line.
- Provide formative and summative feedback for student’s work.
- Develop teaching material.
HND in Business