Dr Rula Alousi
Programme Leader for Undergraduate Level
Rula has lectured / taught at various UK government office such as North Wales Police, Greater Manchester Police, Government Digital Service, HMRC and Cabinet office. She has taught at various British Colleges and Universities including UWTSD and Lewisham College. Rula is currently working as a Programme Manager for the undergraduate level at Regent College London.
Rula has supervised many postgraduate dissertation projects in management and computing. With a passion and devotion to charity work, she established Learning with Rulez (free online-live teaching to refugees and displaced individuals). She is a a devoted researcher and has published many papers in the field of computing and education. An experienced academic and specialist Rula has presented and chaired many international conferences in the UK, Jordan, UAE, Turkey as well as online via Zoom. She is a member of the IEEE, Member of QI, Member of BCS, Member of the BERA and WERA, Member of the Arab Women Authority.
Rula plays a pivotal role in the operation of the undergraduate activities in the School of Business and Enterprise, providing support for academic administration, undergraduate activities, student support and advice, liaison with academic departments and university administration. In addition she also lectures and teaches various classes at undergraduate level. She manages a team of nine lecturers and follows up on daily tasks.
Business Management, Business Law, Information Systems and Large Data, Digital Marketing, Research and Dissertation Module.
Research and papers
Rula is currently working on writing two books. One as a sole author and the other as a joint author. Publication delayed due to COVID-19.
- Rula Alousi. What it means to be an undergraduate student? An e-poster presented at Regent College London in partnership with the University of Bolton, London –UK. 7th March 2020
- Rula Alousi, Chris Alexander, Amer Salman: The Seventeen Distinct Symmetrical Patterns Based on Biometrics used as Security Approach. IASSE 2005: 83-88 2004
- Rula Alousi, Amer Salman: Generation of Geometrical Patterns Based on Coloured Pixels Using Computer Graphics. CGIV 2004: 27-32
- Rula Alousi, Amer Salman and Edwin Love: coloured Text Pixel with Tile Based Methods for Computer Graphics Studies of Symmetric Patterns. CGIV 2004: 171- 176 2003
- Rula Alousi, Emiliano Rodriguez Nüesch, Amer Salman: WORM, a Visualization Engine for the Inner Structure of Racing. Computers and Their Applications 2003: 480-485
- Rula Alousi, Edwin Love, Amer Salman: Generation of Symmetrical Patterns Based on Text and Colour. ICCSA (3) 2003: 609-619