Rao M Kashif Khan
Director of Studies – School of Business & Enterprise
Kashif has twenty years of experience working in Higher Education on various positions including teaching and programme management for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with different awarding organisations including various university partnerships mainly in UK and overseas. Kashif has worked for world’s largest retail business and has successfully launched various multi-million projects including the launch of new business stores and applied change management during acquisition of other businesses. Kashif has worked as an External Qualification Reviewer for computing VQR qualifications for OTHM. Kashif has undertaken consultancy roles in the past to establish higher education division for various institutions in UK. As a business family background, Kashif has developed entrepreneurial skills and own a small family business importing seasonal products from various countries for retail shops in UK. Kashif is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and Associate Member of British Computer Society (ABCS) and holds Prince 2 qualification for Project Management. Kashif has successfully achieved first class honours degree in computing and has two Master’s degrees, MSc in IT Management and MSc in Innovative technologies.
Kashif is currently working as Director of Studies and managing University of Northampton, Bucks New University and University of Bolton programmes at level 6. He has extensive experience of Pearson HND programme delivery and management. Kashif is responsible to manage all aspects of programme delivery with professional integrity and ethics.
- Academic and operational activities to ensure successful programme delivery for all university partnerships.
- Schedule timetable for current courses and deploy academic staff on module delivery.
- Involve in various management meeting to identify academic and operational needs for both staff and students.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures are implemented at all times set by RCL to govern programme.
- Work closely with university partnership teams and liaise all academic and non-academic issues with relevant staff at partnership teams.
- Conduct staff training and development to ensure all staff is up-to-date and awarding organisation requirements are met for effective teaching and learning.
- Masters of Business Administration
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship
- BSc (Hons) Computer Sciences
- Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
- Higher National Diploma
- Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality
Research interest and publications
Kashif has worked independently on the following projects:
- A research on Digital traffic control system for traffic management in cities with the help of Metropolitan Police and Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
- Research with the help of Toyota Motors UK on the first launch of Toyota Prius and its huge involvement in road accidents.
- Analysis of IEEE 802.16 to find out the importance of WiMAX model using OPNET.
- Online database application for Virtual job hunting with the provision to integrate with organisational website.
Kashif is currently working to finalise his research proposal to start his PHD soon.