Dr Evans Gyasi
Module Specification Writer
Dr Gyasi is an Assistant Professor (Senior Lecturer) in International Business at the School of Strategy and Leadership, Coventry University. He is the Course Director for the MBA Senior Leaders Apprenticeships Course and teaches on the International Business and Business Analytics courses at Coventry Business School. Dr Gyasi has a proven record of scholarship, academic inquiry and research. He teaches and does research at the intersection of international business, business analytics, risk, decision and operations management. His research focuses on developing and emerging economies such as Africa, Asia and South America. Dr Gyasi has undertaken collaborative research projects from the University of Warwick, University of Bradford, De Montford University, University of Kent, University of Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and Ciputra Universitas and has been invited to deliver presentations in the UK, Ghana, Canada, Turkey and Indonesia. His research work has been published or forthcoming in leading scholarly journals such as European Management Review, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Journal of Business Research, Journal of International Management. He received his Ph.D from the University of Warwick (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited). He is a Fellow of Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom.
His research examines the nexus of big data, business models, operations and decision making within international businesses in developing and emerging markets. His interest lie contribution towards theory and practice by informing business decisions, providing insights into the future and solve industrial, societal problems etc. using data. His research scope are in the following areas:
- International Trade in developing and emerging markets
- Big Data and business decisions using Quantitative techniques and analysis
- Business forecasting using Predictive Modelling and analytic techniques-(Ordinary Least Squares, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Neural Networks)
- Business modelling, Operations & cost management using Multi Criteria Decision Modelling (Bayesian, Fuzzy System, AHP, Scenario Planning etc.)
- Business strategy and analytics using Statistical methods and econometric analysis (SPSS, Advanced Excel etc.)
- Operational improvement, Business performance optimization
Dr Gyasi welcomes PhD proposals in the listed above and any other related areas.