BA (Hons) Sports Management with Foundation Year
The BA (Hons) Sports Management with Foundation Year is a practical degree that will prepare you academically and professionally to hit the ground running.
The BA (Hons) Sports Management (with a Foundation Year) delivered in partnership with St Mary’s University offers you the knowledge and skills you need to be a successful manager within the sports business, in a large or small company; in the private, public or third sectors; at home or abroad.
All teaching and learning are delivered via flexible timetables where you can fit your studies around your life- with study flexible times including evenings and weekends. You will be assessed through a range of assessments including business reports, essays, practical exercises, presentations, case studies, examinations, assessed blogs, seminar, and simulation exercises.
Why should I study the BA (Hons) Physical Education, Sport, and Youth Development (with a Foundation Year)?
The foundation year allows you to develop your study skills including thinking critically, creatively, and ethically. Academic writing and personal and professional development will also start you off in the best possible way for your degree.
Sports Management degree is particularly attractive to employers in the sports and leisure industries, both in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors. Studying this degree programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to successfully embark on a career in a wide range of roles and functions.
A distinctive feature of the Sports Management programme at St Mary’s is that you will undertake a work placement as part of your degree, allowing you to combine academic theory within a practical working environment. Your placement will provide you with new skills, expertise and networks that can help to enhance your career opportunities within the sports industry. You will organise your placement with the help of the Workplace Learning Team and can choose to do it in a location that suits you.
- Personal Learning Competencies (Core)
- Taking a Professional Approach (Core)
- London: A Global City (Core)
- Fundamentals of Business Management (Core)
- Thinking Critically, Creatively and Ethically (Core)
- Individual Study (Core)
- Contemporary Marketing Practice (Core)
- Introduction to Management (Core)
- Sport, Culture and History (Core)
- Introduction to the Sports and Leisure Industries (Core)
- Financial Management (Core)
- Human Resource Management in Sport (Core)
- Fundamentals of Accounting (Core)
- Research Methods in Sport (Core)
- Experience and Employment in Sport (Core)
- Sports Journalism and Media Relations (Optional)
- Sports and the Law (Optional)
- Starting a Business Venture (Optional)
- Marketing Strategy and Implementation (Optional)
- Managing Sports Events (Optional)
- Investigation in Employment Practice (Optional)
- Behavioural Economics (Optional)
- Independent Project in Sport (Core)
- Independent Study (Core)
- Contemporary Issues in Sport Management (Optional)
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility (Optional)
- Digital Business (Optional)
- Sports Sponsorship and Promotions (Optional)
- Global Perspectives on the Sports Industry (Optional)
- Managing in the Workplace (Optional)
- Sports Marketing Campaign (Optional)
- International Strategic Management (Optional)
- Management Consultancy Project (Optional)
- Social Enterprise (Optional)
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing (Optional)
- Marketing Consultancy Project (Optional)
Standard entry requirements:
- 48 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- GCSE Maths grade C/4 and English grade C/4
- IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) for any applicants whose first language is not English.
Non-standard applicant requirements:
- 45 credits on your Access Course
- IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) for any applicants whose first language is not English.
For mature students (those over 21 years old), or those requiring an alternative kind of assessment:
- You must take part in an academic interview to demonstrate your non-academic achievements, such as work experience.
- IELTS score of 5.0 (no grade below 4.5)
How to Apply
Each of our courses have different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your personal statement and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
There are excellent career opportunities for those who graduate in the field. Research conducted by Sport England shows that over 440,000 people are employed in sport-related jobs. The sports business is a truly global one and offers excellent opportunities for graduates to work internationally.
As a sports management graduate, you will have opportunities to work in many of the diverse sectors of the sports and leisure industries, such as:
- Working for professional sports teams and leagues
- The sports marketing and sponsorship sector
- The organisation and delivery of sporting events
- Managing health and fitness centres, and the growing field of Sport for Development.
What our students say
As an adult student Regent College has afforded me the ideal environment to further my studies. It has constantly supported me both mentally and academically and has encouraged and inspired my own personal growth. Being a student here has presented numerous opportunities for me to become involved in the school’s lively community and this experience has enhanced my leadership potential. This College provided exceptional assistance and other necessary services to ensure that I am achieving the best possible results. Overall, Regent College has become my home away from home and a place for me to become a great success.
I thoroughly enjoy being a student at Regent College. As a mature student, I know that this is the right place for me because I have received immense and timely support from the day I made contact with the college and this has continued throughout. The college does not only focus on the student’s academic success but also provides services to ensure your mental well-being is not compromised. The lectures are interactive and you’re encouraged to take leadership for your own learning. Since joining Regent I can see a huge difference in my approach to learning and that’s given me confidence. There has been huge support since we moved to virtual lectures. The lecturers are constantly reminding students that they can be contacted by email or on MS Teams if we need any support with any aspect of our degree.
Regent College London has this amazing partnership with the Bucks New University, providing you opportunities for your future. It is a very nice environment with lovely students and lovely staff, always happy and ready to help you improve your academic journey. They will give you support and assistance whenever you are in need. I would definitely recommend this institute, if someone is looking for a bachelor degree education. You will feel accepted and supported in this college.
Regent College London is the best college in London because since I started studying there I can see they have the best teachers. The teaching is good and helpful and they are also really organised. If you have any problem in the college, the Student Services team is always is there to help you. For me, I think Regent College London is the best College in London.
My academic needs are fully met within a collaborative, encouraging and friendly environment. The importance of education is addressed in well structured program, adequately chosen modules and engaging classes. I do recommend Regent College London.
I will strongly recommend Regent College as they have shown me how to be confident in myself and also taught me how to achieve my aims and goals in my chosen career.
A very friendly and helpful college. Been an extremely pleasable experience with welcoming and friendly staff and qualified patient and very supportive tutors. In fact the whole experience is being one of feeling of belonging to a family. Being an old person with disability, the encouragement and support I received leaves me overwhelmed with gratitude. I have no qualms to sincerely recommend students to choose Regents College as their first choice of their educational endeavours.
I really love the teachers, they take the extra time and effort to help me. The college helps me to keep my dreams alive. It is a warm place where i feel very comfortable. The environment is really supportive. And most importantly, the teachers made me realise that to achieve something one requires vision, self-motivation, determination and hard work.
The great thing about Regent College London is its campus location in central London. The newly refurbished campus is well equipped with state of the art technology. Our teachers did an awesome job during the COVID-19 pandemic by keeping the class running flawlessly through digital lessons.
I would recommend the college because of the professionalism shown by the tutors and the attention they give to us students, so that we can progress. They are also very friendly and when we don’t understand something they spend time to explain the concepts to us properly.
I joined Regent college in 2018 to do a 4 year business management degree that included a foundation year. It is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The staff are very kind and helpful, the teachers are professional and the facilities are excellent. I could not ask for more.
It is my first year at Regent college studying a degree in Health and Social Care. The teaching is excellent and the environment is so clean which makes it a better place to study. I honestly like the staff because they are so polite. I am so lucky to studying here honestly.