BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering is designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills needed for a professional career in the given industry.
The BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering bachelor’s degree is validated by the University of Bolton and underpins the fundamentals of the engineering industry. One of the main aims of this program is to prepare prospective engineers for meaningful professional employment in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering sectors.
The rapid growth of the technology sector has seen an increased demand for creative, skilled engineers both nationally and internationally. Many global electronics organisations maintain research and development facilities within the UK and Europe. Engineers based in the UK can also be posted overseas to work on projects.
Once you have qualified with this degree, you will have gained the essential academic knowledge and practical skills needed to understand, use, enhance and design electrical- and electronics-based technology.
Alongside developing your engineering-related knowledge, we will help you build lifelong learning skills that you can reflect on, articulate, transfer into everyday life.
You will be assigned a dedicated student services officer who will assist you with any queries – big or small – such as travel discounts, career advice.
Why should I do the BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree?
The course offers ‘real world’ engineering knowledge and skills developed through a combination of theory and practical applications. You can learn about cutting-edge and emerging technologies such as Smart Grids that are transforming global electricity delivery systems.
On completion, you will be able to demonstrate systematic knowledge such as applying engineering principles to critically analyse key processes. After graduating, you can progress into a career in many fields including advance manufacturing, product design, bio medical engineering, or artificial intelligence, among many others. You may also choose to study a master’s degree.
This course will provide you with the confidence to explore a career in various engineering disciplines.
- Engineering Environment (AME4061)
- Introductory Engineering Mathematics (EEE4011)
- Introductory Electrical Principles (EEE4012)
- Introductory Digital Electronics (EEE4013)
- Introductory Analogue Electronics (EEE4014)
- Introductory Embedded Systems (EEE4015)
- Engineering Modelling and Analysis (AME5014)
- Instrumentation and Control (EEE5011)
- Intermediate Digital Electronics and Communications (EEE5012)
- Intermediate Electrical Principles and Enabling Power Electronics (EEE5013)
- Intermediate Embedded Systems (EEE5014)
- Analogue Signal Processing and Communications (EEE5015)
- Major Project (AME6011)
- Management and Enterprise in Engineering (AME6013)
- Electrical Machines and Power Electronic Drives (EEE6011)
- Engineering Electromagnetism (EEE6012)
- Digital Signal Processing (EEE6013)
- Integrated Circuit Design (EEE6014)
- Power Systems and Smart Grids (EEE6015)
- Renewable Energies (EEE6016)
- Advanced Embedded Systems (EEE6017)
- UCAS points: 96
- You should have a minimum of two GCE A2-level passes (or equivalent), including Mathematics & Physical Science, and five GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), including Mathematics, Science, and English.
- Level 3 in related subject
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College London uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications
- IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band (non-native speakers). We also accept a range of other English language qualifications – please visit our English Language Requirements web page for more details
- If you are an international student, you must take a Secure English Language Test (SELT). You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers: IELTS SELT Consortium including UKVI Academic IELTS, LanguageCert, Pearson and PSI Services (UK) Ltd. Please see here for the minimum scores required for each. You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
- Non-standard and mature student entry to Full-Time: Engineering related work experience and Intention to study meeting
- Certificate (HND/C) will be considered for direct entry to Level HE5 given good results in Level 4 Mathematics and Science
- Applicants with a Foundation Certificate or Access to HE Diploma are considered
How to Apply
Each of our courses have different entry requirements and a different admission process. We encourage you to look at our course pages and the How to apply section for detailed information.
From choosing your desired course, writing your personal statement and submitting the application, you can count on our friendly Recruitment Team for help and guidance at every step of the way. Get in touch to make an initial appointment to discuss your situation.
After graduating, you may choose to enter a variety of different industries. Typical employers include local authorities, manufacturers, power and water companies, renewable energy firms, and building services contractors.
You may also decide to pursue further study in a specialist field of research by taking a MSc or Ph.D. Common areas of study include internet engineering, nanotechnology, wireless and optical communications, and telecommunications.
What our students say
I really enjoy the classes that I am part of. The lecturers are very friendly and helpful with every matter . Due to the pandemic I did not have the opportunity to be on campus but I am so excited for next year. I have friends studying in other Universities and I know their experience is not so pleasant as mine. At Regent College lecturers try their best to make everything understandable during online classes. I recommend Regent College to everyone who wants to learn in a peaceful manner and friendly environment. I already recommended to one of my friends and I hope she will join.
I enjoy every bit. Great atmosphere, latest technologies, dedicated SSO/ASO assigned in our learning journey at Regent College. They treat us as a family. Believe in “by the student and for the student”. Student of the month program. Students are involved with senior management, academic team, and student support team.
Regent College helps me in every step of my learning journey. Every day I feel closer to my educational and career dreams. Regent Digital helps me connect to the career world and Scope sessions / Learning Zone to improve my academic learning.
I enjoy the assignment tutorial, support from SSO/ASO and the academic team the most. We are involved in a conversation with the Principal every Tuesday, the best thing I have come across. Our lectures notes and slides are easy to understand. In-class hands-on training and additional reference links make our lecturers top notch. They offer unconditional support and go the extra mile to motivate me.
I recommend Regent College. Regent is helping me to develop and taking me towards my education and career dreams. If I can do it, why not my friends and family. I am optimistic Regent college will help them the way they helped me and continue to help me.
Regent College for me is the Temple of Mind. It is my contract for my future. Regent is a family, where you belong, you feel supported, respected, appreciated, valued. Your opinion matters and you are listened to. It gives you the tools to prepare and be ready to climb the HILL, to create and elevate to achieve your goals and dreams.
I’ve started studying at Regent College to be able to further develop in my career. The college has offered me a lot of support and feedback on my assignments allowing me to be able to aim high and keep working during the week.
I thoroughly enjoy being a student at Regent College. As a mature student, I know that this is the right place for me because I have received immense and timely support from the day I made contact with the college and this has continued throughout. The college does not only focus on the student’s academic success but also provides services to ensure your mental well-being is not compromised. The lectures are interactive and you’re encouraged to take leadership for your own learning. Since joining Regent I can see a huge difference in my approach to learning and that’s given me confidence. There has been huge support since we moved to virtual lectures. The lecturers are constantly reminding students that they can be contacted by email or on MS Teams if we need any support with any aspect of our degree.
Regent College London is the best college in London because since I started studying there I can see they have the best teachers. The teaching is good and helpful and they are also really organised. If you have any problem in the college, the Student Services team is always is there to help you. For me, I think Regent College London is the best College in London.
My academic needs are fully met within a collaborative, encouraging and friendly environment. The importance of education is addressed in well structured program, adequately chosen modules and engaging classes. I do recommend Regent College London.
A very friendly and helpful college. Been an extremely pleasable experience with welcoming and friendly staff and qualified patient and very supportive tutors. In fact the whole experience is being one of feeling of belonging to a family. Being an old person with disability, the encouragement and support I received leaves me overwhelmed with gratitude. I have no qualms to sincerely recommend students to choose Regents College as their first choice of their educational endeavours.
It is wonderful to attend Regent College. Staff are very helpful. My lecturer was awesome. My personal situation was challenging and I wanted to give up on many occasions but the college made me realise that I shouldn’t give up. It’s more than just a college. Staff understand that each student has different personal circumstances. They encouraged me and gave me the strength to complete my degree. Honestly I couldn’t have passed the course without the support of the college. Amazing place to study. The vibe, energy is just what you need to focus and achieve your goals. I have landed a good job. Completing the course has opened up many doors for me and I recommend Regent College. It could change your life.
I joined Regent college in 2018 to do a 4 year business management degree that included a foundation year. It is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The staff are very kind and helpful, the teachers are professional and the facilities are excellent. I could not ask for more.